It was delicious- even after the second day of eating it for lunch! Plus Bella loved it, which is a major bonus.
Tong refused to eat it (hence why Bella and I got 2 days worth of lunch), saying, "It's not bad... but it's squash." Pbthbthbthbthbth.
Anyway, here's the recipe:
Spaghetti Squash Saute
1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise
2 small chicken breasts, sliced thinly
1/4 lb carrots, shredded (I used baby cut carrots, because that's what I had)
1 small onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, shredded
3 Tablespoons butter/margarine
1/2 teaspoon dried italian spices (I used Mrs. Dash Italian Medley)
Salt & Pepper
Chopped parsley
1. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray, and place the two halves of spaghetti squash cut-side down. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until squash is tender. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
2. While squash is cooling, saute chicken with the italian spices and a little bit of the butter (or use olive oil, if you prefer). Set aside.
3. In the same pan, saute onions and carrots in the remaining butter until tender, adding garlic in the last minute or so. At the same time, shred squash flesh from the rind with a fork.
4. Add squash and chicken to onion mixture, cook until hot, stirring often. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley.

No comments:
Post a Comment