Saturday, February 21, 2009

Deciphering Toddler Speak

Here is the conversation I had while putting Bella to bed tonight.

Bella: "Pah, pah, pah."
Me: "Should I pat your back?" [start patting]
Bella: "Naawwww?"
Me: "No patting?" [stop patting]
Bella: "Tuddow Mama." [hugs me]
Me: "Aww, cuddle Bella."
Bella: "Pah, pah, pah. Mooooore."
Me: "More patting?" [start patting]
Bella: "No pahteh, no pahteh, no pahteh."
Me: "No patting your back?" [stop patting]
Bella: "Mooooore."

[repeat above approximately 437 times]

Bella: "Pahteh baht."
Me: "Would you like me to pat your back?"
Bella: "Pahteh baht, pahteh baht, pahteh baht."
Me: "Ok, I'll pat your back." [start patting]
Bella: "Naawww?"
Me: "No patting?" [stop patting]
Bella: "Pahteh baht!" [pats her butt]
Me: "Would you like me to pat your butt?"
Bella: "Pahteh baht, pahteh baht."
Me: "Ok, I'll pat your butt." [start patting her butt]

She fell asleep within 30 seconds.

Silly girl.
















(picture circa november 2008)

2 comments:

Weezypops said...

How cute. Love the pic too.

girl said...

that is silly. :)

Post a Comment